Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stitch in Time

Christmas pajamas, Halloween costumes, curtains, slipcovers, doll clothes.....and so on, all created on this sewing machine. It was a workhorse! It belonged to my Mom and now it is mine (you can still see the thread from her last project!) to love. My Mom bought this Singer and the table from a school that was updating their home economics sewing room (remember home economics?) back in the early 1970's. A new belt, a little oil and away she stitched! Nothing fazed her, no challenge to big! My best friend Coleen still remembers watching her reupholster an old sofa (again) in the mid 1980's. As Mom would have said "has good bones, just needs a little love". She was amazing! So I am now going to give "a little love" to this old Singer and sewing table and use the skills my Mom taught me. I promise to make her proud! Check back on the finished project.......

No comments:

Post a Comment