Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Homemade Holiday Treat



CHRISTMAS 2001

My love affair with this yummy treat began

I have to thank my new neighbor in Indiana (Hello Hoosier friends!) now my crafty decor BFF Lori
who gave me my first batch of...

 Christmas Crunch

  "Christmas Crunch" (AKA: White Chocolate Gorp, White Trash, Holiday mix....to name a few) is a SUPER SIMPLE recipe that even non cooks can make! The recipe makes a large amount, but of course I alway double ...well triple it :)

 Christmas Crunch  

2 lbs. White Chocolate ( I used vanilla Almond Bark)
1 cup M & M Chocolate Candies
2 cups Thin Salty Pretzels
3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
6 cups Plain Cherrios
( 2 cups
Cocktail Peanuts optional)


Mix everything but the white chocolate in a really big bowl!  Melt the white chocolate and pour over mixture. 

Stir carefully and quickly.




  Spread out on wax paper and let cool completely...
if you can wait that long, seriously!



YUM!!!!



Break apart and enjoy!  You can even package it up in pretty jars with cute bows as gifts!

BUT...

Once you give your family, friends and co-workers Christmas Crunch they will ALWAYS ask for more..

and more...

and more...

You have been warned! (just kidding!)

ENJOY!

* This treat can really be made anytime of the year and is great to take to picnics! *

Thanks Lori for introducing me to Christmas Crunch, my family thanks you too! 
Pop over to Lori's blog for other yummy treats and crafty fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment